According to some researches, panic attack is caused by anxiety. For those people who are experiencing panic attacks, it is very important that you completely know and understand its main cause and how will you defeat it. According to some specialists, anxiety is harmful and it can lead to different life-threatening conditions. In addition to this, anxiety is a state of fear or apprehension resulting from the anticipation of imagined or real situation, event or threat.
Apart from this, anxiety is considered as one of the most common human emotions experienced by many people at some point in their lives. People who have never experienced extreme anxiety or panic attack fail to realize the terrifying nature of the experience. When these situations occur and people don’t understand why, they feel they have a serious mental condition or contracted an illness. The threat of losing complete control seems very terrifying and real. Here, you will know and learn some of the main causes of panic attack. Check these out:
- Flight or Fight Response- This is considered as one of the root causes of panic attack. Anxiety is a response to a threat or danger. The anxiety that the flight or fight response created was very important in the survival of ancient ancestors especially when faced with danger. In addition to this, anxiety is a built-in mechanism that has the ability to protect people from danger. It is a useful mechanism that protects an important point.
- Cardiovascular Effects- The activities in the sympathetic nervous system increases the heartbeat rate and at the same time it speeds up the blood flow throughout the body. This ensures that all areas are supplied with oxygen and the waste products are eliminated.
- Respiratory Effects- According to some studies, one of the scariest effects of panic attacks are the fear of smothering or suffocating. It is very common during a panic attack to feel tightness in throat and chest. A panic attack is associated with an increase in the depth and speed of breathing. The feelings produced when breathing increase includes tightness or pains in the chest, sensations of smothering or choking, hyperventilation and breathlessness. It produces unpleasant yet harmless symptoms such as hot flushes, sense of unreality, blurred vision and dizziness.
- Physical Effects- Some of the physical effects of panic attack includes pupils widen to let in more light that may result in seeing stars and blurred vision. There is also decreased activity in the digestive system which usually produces nausea, constipation and heavy feeling in the stomach.
- Mental Manifestations- The adrenaline can be maintained chemically in the body. Another possibility is diet which affects the stress levels. Excess sugar, alcohol and caffeine are known for causing stress in the body. It is also considered as one of the contributing factors of the causes of panic attacks.
The main causes of panic attack that are stated above will serve as your guide to have a clear and better understanding about panic attack and its root cause which is anxiety.